Hootsuite adds Google Analytics, themes and gets new design
Hootsuite’s interface gets facelifted and boasts some brand new features.
Here are the nine major changes, of which you will have explanations upon connecting to your account :
1. New choice of themes for your Dashboard.
2. The interface has been redesigned and provides more readability.
3. Google Analytics (I love it) is now integrated in Hootsuite and you can view the number of clicks, the source (region and URL reference), and the most clicked tweets in real time. Naturally for viewing your statistics, you will have to use the URL Shortener from Hootsuite(Ow.ly or Ht.ly).
4. An integrated search engine implementing geolocalization features to give results nearest to your geographical location (you will first have to indicate your location in Hoodsuite). The Geo-search icon is located in the search box at the top right.
5. Drag and Drop Upload: easily insert images, videos or files with integrated drag and drop features.
6. Improved Tweets for Facebook with the possibility to include mini thumbnails, titles, descriptions, etc.
7. Retweet native button or regular RT @, same as in Twitter.
8. Hootsuite is now accessible in Japanese and other languages. A French version is coming soon.
9. The application is faster than before thanks to HTML 5, as the content is being cached when available.
Note that: the menu is now accessible by clicking on the Hoot icon at the top left. (Please view the illustration below)